For more than 90 years, BHC and the Nolan family have been leading the way with outstanding cruises on Boston’s historic harbor. What began with a man, a boat, and a vision has grown into today’s BHC; with 500 daily departures, 53 vessels, and 250 year-round employees, plus a seasonal workforce topping 650.
Boston Harbor Cruises wanted to transition from an existing, deeply embedded, ticket system (Gateway Galaxy) over to RocketRez for the 2018 season. They had a five-month window for the transition. A project of this scope and size required careful planning and detailed execution from both parties. Reservations, finance, operations, business development, and human resources were among those directly impacted by the change.
Scope & Challenges
- Existing inventory had to be transitioned to RocketRez
- Existing processes and workflow optimized, and subsequent policy changes were made
- 40+ POS terminals were set up to use RocketRez
- 17+ POS terminals were mobile and were being used on vessels
- Requirement for mobile ticket scanning (access control) to be available at multiple locations all scanning simultaneously for multiple events
- Integration with existing business development processes for group and event sales, resulting in full event management capabilities and reporting
- Developed custom reporting for operations, finance, and 3rd party vendors
- Web sales (integrated directly into their website) for a wide variety of products and packages
- Training (onsite and remotely) was facilitated across multiple departments
- Additional feature customization to meet customer-specific needs was developed
Boston Harbor Cruises has had three successful seasons using RocketRez. Having a modern, easy to use, and customizable ticketing system has given them opportunities to allocate staff resources to other projects. reducing operational costs and capturing a wholistic view on revenue.